The station Zittau Süd was opened on October 1st, 1897 - after the regulation of the river Mandau - with the name 'Zittau Schießhaus' (Shooting House). There you
find the lowest point of the whole track (232 m above sea level). In 1937 the station got a new building, in which one was installed a mechanical signal box. Shortly before the end of WW
II a bomb hit caused the result with 6 dead, numerous injured, and as well as considerably material damage. 1946 to 1949 several connections were built to link some companies of this
area. These connections were closed again between 1962 and 1974, but partly, these tracks have been existing. In 1950 the station was renamed because of political reasons. It was
called 'Zittau Süd (South)'. In spring 2004 the third track of the station was removed. Refer our
brochure No. 13
View in direction to 'Zittau stop'
The building of the station Zittau South
The restroom building of the station Zittau South
View in direction to 'Zittau suburb'. In the forground cross the Friedensstraße.