The station 'Zittau Stop' belonged originally to the state railway track to the town 'Reichenau' - and like the whole line - to the junction at km 1.65 ?- was
allowed to be used by the private 'ZOJE'. It was the passenger?s station to change the trains between the 'Zittau mountains' and 'Reichenau'; from 1900 this line ran to 'Friedland'.
On June 22nd, 1945 the connection from Zittau to Friedland was cut because of a result of the end of the World War II. As the narrow gauge line at 'Zittau Stop' crosses the highway (today
'Bundesstraße 99') the station master had to secure (from 1898) the crossing of trains with a signal panel. In addition to this a signal disk was installed in either direction. There
was an electric box at the crossing of the 'Reichenberg' line with the inscription 'Halt, Zug kommt unten' (Stop, train runs below). The signal disk was replaced by an electric
signal system in 1967. The club reconstructed the station build in 2006. You find a lot of interesting details about the line 'Zittau ? Markersdorf' in our
brochure No. 4
. In 2005 the station building was reconstructed.
The building of the station
The restroom of the station
The subway crossing of the 'Reichenberg' line (view from the 'Zittau Stop' side).
The subway crossing of the 'Reichenberg' line (view from the inner city side).